Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DJ Sweet Summertime


I always lovingly nickname this time of year my "DJ Summertime" because people are winding down from the holidays, trying to save money and are just in a overall FUNK. Include the fact that January and February are the least likely months to have a party or get married and you have a DJ with (mostly) free weekends! I am filling my time with client meetings, preparing for nearing events and brainstorming ways to really expand my business and improve myself. With that last thing being said, I would like to throw my goals out in the blogger world to not only hold myself accountable but to actually see them written down. My mind is someplace you just don't want to explore so the pure scatterbrainedness is cleansed by writing things down :)


  • Advertise in ONE more publication! I am a huge fan of word-of-mouth advertising. Up until about a year ago, that is all that brought me business. It not only is the cheapest form of advertising but is the most effective. It gets your name out there and more so tells the new client that you did enough of a superfantastic job that they are willing to pass your name on. Pay it forward people. In June of 2011, I became a featured DJ on The Knot website. This opened the door for SO MANY BRIDES. Whew. I will be honest, I did not expect the wave of activity through my website. So I would like to advertise in one more place.....
  • Have a table at a bridal show! Simple enough, right? Well. My personality is 100% or NOTHING. Get in or get out, none of this halfsies crap. I have been to bridal shows aplenty and let me tell you...I have seen some DJ booths that are flat out embarrassing. This one show I went to had no banners, no equipment, no music,  no handouts. Just this guy with dirty hair sitting on a stool with sunglasses on. Did he think he was cool? I will never know. He invested in this booth (averaging $500 to  $3,000 a pop)and THAT'S what he did? I have what I would want my booth to look like in my mind and by gosh, I will have it look amazing. I am looking at a few shows this fall so my goal is to be ready by then! 
  • Update my promotional pictures! I won't lie and say that not only am I selling my services but I am selling myself as a person. You and me? We have to get along. We have to mesh well. You are entrusting me to be a part of your event that you have poured your heart into planning whether it is your daughters Sweet 16 or your WEDDING DAY! I mean, that is a big deal! I do not take that lightly. I also will tell you a secret....I like to change my hair. A lot. Long, short, straight, wavy, up, down, blond, black, brown....blah blah blah. It is all fun. Because of that little fun factoid about me, my pictures get outdated often. My current pics were not even taken two years ago and they have me with black hair and blunt bangs. (I LOVED it...miss it. May do it again.)Now? I have super long blond hair and currently lusting after trying out red. So who knows. My pictures need to be updated so when we are meeting, we don't have that awkward/funny conversation about my hair changing, glasses on or off and whether the outfit I had on was actually latex (true story). SO! New photos it is!
  • Invest in my home office! I swear my office is my car. I do not have good luck with vehicles as it is and have changed out 4 different vehicles in less than three years. That situation alone exhausts me so I do not need to have all my paperwork just floating around. I am lucky I have an amazing husband who offered to buy me a desk for Christmas so now I need to figure out which room will be my office and DO IT. Maybe buy a desktop too....eh I am dreaming <3
These are not my only goals. But these are the only ones I am willing to throw out into the world at this second....haha. All of these are in the works and I am pretty excited. We will see!

xoxo
Pearl



No comments:

Post a Comment