Sunday, April 15, 2012

{Events} Lt. and Mrs. Chris and Sarah Sands

I would like to say that I prepare for my events. Over-prepare even. I think being late to an event is my worst fear. This wedding was my first wedding of 2012. I had been dealing with my clients via email only and we had never even met! The playlist was done and backed up and the truck was loaded with all of the equipment. I was ready. I was lucky enough to even convince my super duper sister-in-law, Gwen, to come as my assistant!



Isn't she just loverly!? (This was at mine and J's wedding...she was giving her crappy speech that made no one cry.)

Anywho ;)

We headed out with enough time to get to Langley Air Force Base to set up. (Oh. Did I mention this was a military wedding! Time is crucial people!) I put the address to the commonwealth center in my GPS and it took us to the Nasa gate. Uh. Woah. Hold my drink. NASA? No no. I want LAFB. The guy at the gate was helpful and gave us the right directions because we couldn't get in this gate on the weekends. Minor setback. No big deal. That is why you leave early! 15 minutes later we finally got to the right gate and made our way through. We were a little more behind than I am used to but we made it work! We got there and set up in just enough time! Whew!

I was so excited to meet Sarah because she was so nice to deal with while planning her reception and the music she requested was just FUN! (I love 80's and 90's dance music...it is just to easy.) When I did meet her we hugged it out and felt like old friends. I had a little girl crush right away because she looked AMAZE. Like just stunning. When I saw her and Chris together, it was just adorable. <3




The music was going, drinks were flowing and the guests were itching to dance. I was so excited to get the dance music started during dinner but it helped that I was allowed to play some awesome dinner music....



Take On Me by A-Ha
Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
Only In My Dreams by Debbie Gibson
I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner
Maneater by Daryl Hall & John Oates
Keep On Loving You by Reo Speedwagon
Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley
Together Forever Rick by Astley
Sara by Starship



Then we got to the first dances...


Chris and Sarah's 1st Dance: You and I by Michael Buble



Sarah and her father, Rafael: Custom Mix. Check out their moves!!


Chris and his mother, Lois: First Lady in My Life by Paul Todd


Sarah and her mother, Nancy: I'll Be by Reba McEntire


AND THEN THE DANCING! This crowd was just so much fun! I had a complete blast.







Can we talk about how high those guys were jumping in the back? I was scared for my life.

This is just a taste of the custom playlist I made for this awesome reception:


Blackout by Breathe Carolina
Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada
Brick House by The Commodores
Dynamite by Taio Cruz
Si Te Vas/Que Tengo Que Hacer (Original Remix) by Omega
Club Can't Handle Me (feat. David Guetta) by Flo Rida
One More Time by Daft Punk
La DueƱa del Swing by Los Hermanos Rosario
You Like a Love Song by Selena Gomez & the Scene
Where Them Girls At (feat. Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida) by David Guetta, Flo Rida & Nicki Minaj
Tu Sonrisa by Elvis Crespo
When Love Takes Over (feat. Kelly Rowland) by David Guetta

Till the World Ends by Britney Spears
DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love (feat. Pitbull) by Usher
Rock Steady by Whispers
Glad You Came by The Wanted
Turn Me On (feat. Nicki Minaj) by David Guetta & Nicki Minaj
I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz
Loca (feat. El Cata) by Shakira




The whole night was a success and I know everyone had a great time. It literally took Sarah two days to get online and review me and that just blew me away. How sweet is she?


xoxo
Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment