Tuesday, July 26, 2011

{Events} CSM Joe Burke's Welcome Home Party

I have known Joe's wife, Jolene, for several years as she is a popular real estate agent in the Williamsburg area! She started planning a welcome home party for her husband Joe when she knew he would be returning home from a year's deployment overseas. When I first heard about this, I was crossing my fingers and toes hoping I would be able to DJ for this event. Who wouldn't want to be around such JOY and LOVE?! Seeing a loved one come home from deployment is like none other. When I first arrived to set up for this event, I was greeted by hundreds of small American Flags that were lining the driveway and a huge "Welcome Home CMS Joe Burke! We missed you!" sign. It maybe gave me goosebumps, that is all I am saying. I was giddy with excitement when I walked in and saw the entire place decorated to the nines and it looked like the American flag exploded with sparkles of red, white and blue everywhere! It was perfect!






The entire time I was setting up, I was going over the couples requests for the evenings selections and I realized it was going to be a pretty fun evening...


Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Simply Red - If You Dont Know Me By Now
Amos Lee - Arms of a Woman
Frank Sinatra - My Way
Frank Sinatra - The Best is Yet To Come
Marvin Gaye/Tammy Terrell - Aint No Mountain High Enough
Supremes - Stop! In The Name of Love
Temptations - My Girl
Bachman Turner Overdrive - Takin Care of Business
Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama
Robert Palmer - Bad Case of Loving You
Barry White - Cant Get Enough Of Your Love
Peaches & Herb - Shake Your Groove Thang
Carpenters - We have Only Just Begun
Etta James - At Last
The Rightouse Brothers - Unchained Melody
Nelly - Hot In Herre
Madonna - Vogue
Grank Funk Railroad - We're An American Band
The Four Tops - Cant Help Myself
Mary Wells - My Guy
James Brown - Papas Got A Brand New Bag


How can you NOT have a good time with these songs sprinkled into the playlist? I really think I was singing along to every song, I gotta tell ya. 


At one point in the evening, I put on "Vogue" by Madonna and had them split the crowd so everyone could dance down the middle and show off their moves...



This lady OWNED it. 



Oh yea..she is on the ground. Hands and legs up in the air. Can you guess what song was on?

Jolene was actually doing "Vogue"! It was GREAT.



These girls and I were on point all night. They would come up to request a song and three different times the exact song they requested, I had NEXT in the line up. It was freaky. (They are rocking the "Sprinkler" right here...classic. ha.)
How CUTE are they? <3

Fuzzy picture but I had to include it. They were dancing fools! In line with every step.






Such a great evening and I hope that the memories were priceless for everyone there. I know Joe and Jolene had a wonderful time dancing and seeing all of their friends and families! Joe? Jolene? I have said this many times. It was a HONOR being there and I hope we can work together again in the future! 

xoxo
Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment